PS26 Questions?

4chase4

I have been messing around with stitch & glue Skiffs for a little while and am thinking of building a camper/cruiser for my family and I.  I think the PS26 fits me the best.  I have a few questions before I decide for sure.  I plan on keeping the boat in a slip part of the year and stored on a trailer at home when not in use.  My truck can tow 12K, weight in not really a towing issue for me.

Are the masts aluminum?

What size outboard is recommended in the well?

How much are the sails going to cost?

What is the maximum safe interior height for the cabin? Would like standing room!

Would like to sleep 5.

Is this plan the best choice for me?

Thank you,

Jason

http://www.ncboatbuilder.com

One of the problems that you encounter in shallow draft boats is that the bottom dictates how high you need to go with the cabin roof to get standing room. I know you are tall but a lot of other factors are in play when making changes in super structures. Of course the higher you go with a cabin this also affects a lot of rigging too in some case depending on the design of the rig. I know the Princess 22 thats in Greenville is too low to stand upright and the owner has stated that he wished that he had added at least a bit more height. If thats possible I don't know, but do wonder if you could crown the roof top to at least get more down the centerline. This probably still will not give you enough in the 22 though. But sitting on the bunk for a tall guy maybe improved.  I think Graham is the only person that can truely answer your question though.