sore hands

capt jake

From putting on the vinyl sheathing on the shrouds. Not to mention the the eye splice in a long piece of 1/4" line!!.

Me hands be achin' and throbin'. they feel two times bigger than usual! :)

Striving for a showing at the Olympia Wooden Boat Festival on May 10. I am hoping for a trailered version of the showing at this point. If I can get things in order:) I have to get things done soon!!!!

Hey the good thing is; the house deal is finally done!! :) not to my ultimate satisfaction, but I am OK with the deal (finally)!!!

Anybody want to come to a moving party???? Pizza is on me!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Look forward to seeing your boat at the show Jake. Will be there myself, (alas, boatless though, but there's always next year).

Suppose I could probably carry a box or two :wink: Glad to hear it finally came together, albeit not completely to your liking. But you got a new house, with a big shop!

Jake,

Sorry to hear you were having such a difficult time with the shroud covers.

But happy to hear that using a fid you were able to spread the cover enough to get it in place.

Looking forward to seeing your fine craft on display. I should be able to make it down there by then. I'll be intouch as that gets closer.

Heading home on Friday. Been gone quite awhile. Hope spring has sprung. Going to miss this place. It has been a great break for me and a good place to recover. :D

Hi , Jake. Glad you got that settled up. Send a plane ticket and I would gladly help you move :lol: I think there is a company that makes those shroud covers that are spiral cut, you just wind them on. I remember seeing the add somewhere I will see if I can find it and pass it on to the group. I wish you good luck and happiness in your new home and a great boat show.

Best Regards, Captain red 8)

oK, I am finally done with putting on the covers. Man that was hard, and my hands are swollen and very sore. ;( Only a couple more eye splices, but those are very rewarding. :)

Wife gives me 2 days to wrap it up! Then I have to start packing. Hmmm, such a situation. :P:P :shock: