CS17 for sale - $4500

Ken_Potts

CS17 #121 is for sale.  The boat is ready to sail tomorrow and comes with all necessary gear - Trailer, pfd's, flares (don't ask) etc.  Hitch her up and go.

The boat is not pristine - She's covered a lot of miles and has been sailed hard without ever letting me down.  I never planned to sell her so she's got a real "workboat" finish and there are a few improvements I haven't gotten around to.

post-402-129497706535_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Generally I would agree with you, but I've already got the go-ahead for the next few projects and one of them flies - So I'm already certifiable  :cool:

Actually, I got an email today telling me not to sell the boat.  I'll see if I can ship it (in the meantime it's still for sale, though).

Generally I would agree with you, but I've already got the go-ahead for the next few projects and one of them flies - So I'm already certifiable  :cool:

Actually, I got an email today telling me not to sell the boat.  I'll see if I can ship it (in the meantime it's still for sale, though).

I thought about building a plane, but then I realized that a boat was better for my skill level.  I can swim, but I can't fly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have some video of Ken's boat in action on my YouTube site.

http://www.youtube.com/mike27608

CS17 #121 is for sale.  The boat is ready to sail tomorrow and comes with all necessary gear - Trailer, pfd's, flares (don't ask) etc.  Hitch her up and go.

The boat is not pristine - She's covered a lot of miles and has been sailed hard without ever letting me down.  I never planned to sell her so she's got a real "workboat" finish and there are a few improvements I haven't gotten around to.

• 1 month later...

The buyer changed his mind. The boat is still for sale (price reduced if you move quickly). If you've sent me an offer before please reply - I can't find your email address.

And of course, if you haven't sent an offer but would like to, now's the time - Summer's right around the corner!

Hmm... Let's try this: Is anyone willing to buy my boat for one dollar?

Hey Ken what do you have for sails for sale? I am in the market for a complete set.

Have you tried listing your boat over at Sailboatowners.com, I've sold 3 boats over there in the past and all home built.

Thanks,

Jim

You've got a good point, Dave. I posted the boat on craigslist today and I've gotten an offer of $1000 so far. So that's a $500 trailer, $500 for the main, mizzen and mizzen staysail, and I throw in a free hull with all the rigging. This is just really sad. I'm sure somebody will do better eventually, I'm just sorry that I listened to the Massahusetts guy back in November. I was too stupid (greedy) to take the $3k offer and now I might as well just sell the sails and the trailer. That's probably what I'll do.

Jim - The sails are priced at $500 total and are in decent condition. There is a main, a mizzen and a mizzen staysail. The main and mizzen are sleeve-luff sails and all sails are white. Let me know if you're interested (thought they have the number 121 on them so that may reduce their attractiveness).