New build - input appreciated

TarDevil

I'm wanting a 14 - 16 foot displacement hull that can be rowed nicely yet can also be powered by my 7 1/2 hp outboard.  It will be fastened ply on frame (will use PL Premium... I've been reading the pros and cons for years, but it continues to do well on my last build).  It will be used on calm slow rivers, tidal creeks, and the occasional small lake.  Don't care for excessive freeboard, 'cause I wanna be able to climb in and out with relative ease.

I'm pretty solid right now on a Monk Skiff...

MonkSkiff14-6.jpg

... but would like to check out other options.  There really aren't a lot of choices in these skiffs, especially for those wishing to avoid stitch and glue.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

The key component and number one question for me should also include is portability an important part of this boat? Howdy Wayne

In the meantime while we are working out this build, if you have natural wood and plan on clearcoating the wood, a good fish oil based coating will look nice for the accents.  :cool:

DSC08796.jpg