B & B Mess-about 2010

Designer

It is getting to that time of the year again.

The B & B mess-about will be on at the same time again, the last weekend in October, 10 29 - 10 31. The same schedule will apply - Friday night we will go to Little Italy restaurant for an Italian buffet; Dutch treat; meet and greet.  (This is usually about $15.00 - $18.00 per head and includes wine).  Saturday is "play day" - share your boat and your stories with other B&B family members and B&B wannabes.  Saturday night we will provide a cook out (hamburgers, hot dogs and lots of " sides" - vegetarian and otherwise.)  Sunday morning we often make a brunch out of leftovers and whatever you wish to bring along.

We have primitive camping facilities - bring your camper or tent....  and if you need amenities there is campground less than a mile away.  There are plenty of activities in the area from Historic New Bern to local beaches if you have non-boating family who would like to make the trip too. This is a major tourist area.  There are area hotels, B&B's if you would like to go that route.  We can email a complete list of area amenities if you email us at admincarla@gmail.com. 

We would like to know if you are coming and if you will be joining us Friday night as we have to give a head count to the restaurant, and we also need a head count for Saturday evening too.  We hope to see many of you there with boats or even without!    Come early, stay long - you are welcome for as long as you can get away -  for a great vacation.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes you might get a few takers for a rowing contest at the Messabout.  I know Graham and Randy, as well as Paul and Alan will all be rowing thier boats at least 8 miles up the Harlowe Canal during the WaterTribe North Carolina Challenge next week.  Possibly more miles depending on weather.  So they'll be ready!

Dawn

I bet Ray won't take up the gauntlet.  He'll probably make some excuse about a long drive or something  :cool:

And While we're at it, we ought to have an outboard shootout, Wes.  We'll see who runs fastest on dead dinosaurs.

I think I'll be able to make it but I'll RSVP for sure in a bit.

I've checked my calendar and I will be there for the weekend as well as the dinner.

As usual, I'm looking forward to taking anyone who is interested for a sail.  A new twist to the party is that my boat is for sale, so hit me up if you're looking to buy a beat up (but fast and fun) boat.  Southbound needs a little work because I tend to play hard with my toys, but if you're interested in fixing a couple of things you can have the boat and trailer for less than I actually paid to buy the materials.

Dawn and Paul have dibs on the motor, though (if they want it), so that may or may not be available. :cool:

I've checked my calendar and I will be there for the weekend as well as the dinner.

As usual, I'm looking forward to taking anyone who is interested for a sail.  A new twist to the party is that my boat is for sale, so hit me up if you're looking to buy a beat up (but fast and fun) boat.  Southbound needs a little work because I tend to play hard with my toys, but if you're interested in fixing a couple of things you can have the boat and trailer for less than I actually paid to buy the materials.

Dawn and Paul have dibs on the motor, though (if they want it), so that may or may not be available. :cool:

So you are going to sell your power boat with a kicker that burns no fuel? :lol:

Hey Oyster - Yeah, the powerboat has to go.  I've been told I'm not enough of a sailor to own a Core Sound  :lol:

You got it right, Scott - I'm getting married.  She sails too, though.  The reason the boat is for sale is I don't think I can afford to ship it to Australia.  I do have the plans for the EC22...

If only I knew of someone on the coast who'd be willing to "store" it  :lol:

Actually those metal storage bins are really a great deal and protected from the elements, ones that you see on several of the downeast highways. There is even one over by the airport ramp is really reasonable that I have personally used and was really happen with it..

The last time I checked on one it was around 400 bucks a year, self store, dirt floor, locked and maybe with some checking around someone could probably air the sails out for you so that the boat will not become stiff and suffer any real damage for sitting around idle. :cool: