housekeeping or . . .??

SUKIE

OK fellow boatbuilders/sailors.

Lets say you have a wife who's an avid sailor and, let's say your house is, well, not up to specs for the Martha Stewart award. OK, now here comes a day which is absolutely a perfect sailing day, and there's nothing left to do but, well, clean the house, OR, GO SAILING!! In all honesty, which would be the most important activity to pursue?

(Just throwin' it out there, because I know most of you have wives/partners who MUST be thinking the same thing??!!)

Let's see.  You live in the Northeast.  It is September and good sailing days are a rapidly shrinking commodity.

From what I know of Pat he Doesn't seem to be the type that would get upset over housecleaning being deferred.

Why exactly are you asking this question???

Even a mediocre sail is worth at least 10 to 15 spontaneous nookie credits. House cleaning, if he does it is worth about the same, unless he does it without asking, then it's probably more, but not as much as a good day's sail. This is a tough one to call and depends or the arrangements they've worked out, but the successful couples of the world would jump at the chance for a SN credit day over 10. That's equal to 5 weeks (twice a week) of taking the trash out (after she's asked) worth of credits, so lets be real here.

Economists.  :roll:  Always talkin' about the exchange rate when it's really about consumer confidence.  The SN credit value of day of mediocre sailing responds logarithmically with with number of days left in the sailing season.  Which in Maine is about... 3.  So the SN value must be... priceless.

Excellent evaluation Scott and one I often take for granted here in Sunny Florida, where the favorite winter sport is calling northern family and friends on Valentines day and complain about requiring a tee shirt to get the stakes off the BBQ out back, because theirs a chill in the air (it might have dropped into the 60's or something, which requires a sweat shirt).

It's not that bad in Maine, they have a 30 day summer, a 30 day spring, a 30 day fall and a 270 day winter. Okay, you might be right about the 3 days thing . . . better try extortion.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! Thankyou all, you've released me and removed all guilt, and not only that, I didpractice Jeff's idea of the packing tape to pick up the dust. So, I did do some cleaning. AND, now I have a clear head and can face the coming week with new strength.

I went sailing three days this week, and even took Pat one day (it was really breezy and he's good ballast). I've mounted an anchor on a small bow sprit which makes it so much easier to push off from the launching ramp, drop anchor to rig, then haul it up and fill the sails flawlessly. I actually had the whole fire dept watching me on Wednesday (they were doing training), and I'm sure they were disappointed that they didn't get a rescue out of the deal. But, they were sure anxious to help! :?

So, to all of you in the "northern" part of the northern hemisphere, (thank you PAR for your insight), daylight's waning, get out there!