Found out my project will be usable!

Bikermouse

This may sound stupid, but as I've been building a Glen-L Sabotina in my backyard I stopped occasionally and looked at it. All 7' 10" of it. Then I looked at my own frame, 6'4" and around 250 lbs. I couldn't help but notice that, by comparison, I'm kinda large for this little boat, and I was wondering if I'd even be able to sail her once she's done.

This week, I'm visiting my Mom in VA, who has a dock off of the Chesapeake Bay. She's been wanting a rowboat and, since she knew I was coming, she got a used one with a sail kit. It's a Starcraft Starlette 9 that is, technically, a foot or so longer than the Sabotina, but with the Sabotina's pram bow they have practically the same interior space, flotation, and sailplan. I've had a blast in it the past two days and, even if it isn't a home-made wooden boat, it's convinced me that my project will be usable when it's done.

Just that much more incentive to finish!  :lol:

And now I've dinghied in (almost) 2 oceans!

And now I've dinghied in (almost) 2 oceans!

Wow, so you are now a well seasoned dinghy?  :lol:

My Spindrift 9 is too small for social daysailing even with just one friend, not that it can't be sailed with 2, just that it is really cozy.  But it sure is fun sometimes by myself.