CS20

brigait1

Those 3 support points & well cut bottom panels should define the hull shape for you & support the construction.  Intermediate supports w/out matching inside frames can/will cause undulations in the bottom of the boat.  Former threads (may be for CS 17s) have shown pictures of various creative ways for getting to the center seam & installing the keel batten w/out distorting the bottom.

Okay, I just spoke with Graham and he told me the I should only be using two positions on the cradle; one @ the foreward bulkhead position and the other @ the rear bulkhead position. Apparently the rocker develops automatically as you stitch the panels together. That fits better with what you were describing. I was jsut making it more complicated than it needed to be.

Thanks for the help. I'll post pictures when there is more to see.

Pete

So I'm making some progress and getting close to going 3D. The butterfly panels are glassed together and I have faired the shape of the bow as it transitions from the bottom panels to the side/bow panels. I'm epoxying the seat stringers on this afternoon. I will also be beveling the edges of the bottom panels to match the angles they form when the are stitched together.

I'll be keeping a blog of the build @ http://goodfootsailing.blogspot.com/

Any input on things I'm overlooking is always appreciated.

Pete B

Tim,

Graham said that I should not worry about forcing the hull panels to the bulkhead shape. Rather, it's okay to re-scribe the bulkhead to the panels. Apparently the Hydrotek I'm using has different bending characteristics than the Okoume Graham uses.

John, the Edmond contingent is always welcome. Give me a buzz if you head down this way and I'll have the grill going.

Cheers,

Pete