new boat at B&B

Tom Lathrop

And very interesting.

I can see how that bulbous underwater shape required the use of halved-molds or forms as one couldn't pull that hull shape out of a female mold.

Will the hulls be identical so this form can be used for the "outside" of one hull and the "inside" of the opposite hull?

How many rowing stations will it have, and which class will it be in for the EC?  :P

Aloha,

pat.

Went over to take a gander at the new boat taking shape at B&B today.  It's a 40' power catamaran and this is the mold for one half of one hull.  Kind of impressive.

Looks like that EC is in the way.....I can take it off your hands if you like.

And very interesting.

Will the hulls be identical so this form can be used for the "outside" of one hull and the "inside" of the opposite hull?

Aloha,

pat.

The hulls are mirror images.  After this half hull is finished, the mold is taken apart and each section rotated 180 degrees to form the outside of the opposite hull.  Molds for the inside section of each hull will be done similarly.  I had some trouble visualizing the hull shape for a while but now it seems clear.