Princess Sharpie 26?

A 4hp yamaha weighs around 40 lbs which is really nothing in the skeem of stress on any hull. The boat's construction method creates such a unibody package that unless you let some stress fracture or puncture go undealt with, then the boat should be fine.

Speaking of the jack stand type support, those are normally on deeper draft boats which can't always be sunk enough to float off of a trailer in most cases. The shape also will not always allow the boat to come up on the trailer with any fixed obstruction in place, hince the reason also for the adjustable pads mounted on the boat trailer. Thiose are not normally on boats launched for weekend trips thats taken on a regular basis in most cases.

OIC, okay, that makes sense now as to what you were saying. I agree, though the actual trailer length is not defined for the PS26. I need to double check the plan set, but do not recall any trailer recommendations.

Just a bit puzzled, Ray, as it was you that brought this up. Since you have not seen it, nor have I, and no one else but you mentioned it, I must be missing your point somehow? :-?

My point was o your original question as to likely boat trailer combo length.

Since I have never seen a boat not at the very least extend out to the ends of the trailer if not overhang it,  all one needs to know boat trailer combo length is the length of the boat, plus the length of the toungue hang9ing out beyond the bow.  In most cases at least 3 ft, and in cases of deeper draft boats , generally a bit more .

I agree boats are sometime extended beyond the trailer but I have never seen one short of trailer end.  And extended beyond trailer length does not affect total boat trailer length...

Oyster's pictures are pretty much identical to the way I have Pilgrim's trailer rigged.  The wheels have to pretty far forward in order to have a proper tougue weight.  I need to move Pilgim's trailer wheels forward quite a bit, but have not wanted to fool with the chore.

Right now, tongue weight is running close to 500#.  I pull it with a standard Chevy 1500 and have made some pretty long trips.  Trailer pulls very well.

• 7 years later...

Scott, I have wondering the same thing. I bet Graham has too.

Today I took a look at a RV garage made to cover a 40 foot class A. It was made from steel. It would also make a great place to build boats in, such as the PS26. My wife and I have been actively shopping for property closer to her work and which has the space and buildings for boat building and my wood working shop. We have found some promising properties and hope to settle on something by the end of this year. Once that hurdle is crossed, then both the storage of our RV, the six current boats, and a place for my business and boat building is solved. I may not build the PS26, but it is still knocking around in the back of my mind. Every now and then I get the plan set out.  The next project after the Spindrift that is wrapping up soon, will be to build two Diva's, one for Sam, and one for Ben.

The boys decided they did not want to build the kayaks, so I tabled that project. Edith and I have given up on moving any time soon too, so I have been spending a lot of time and money making repairs to our home. New roof last year. Chimney retucked and new cap and damper, and new windows this year. New curtains too, and so on and so on.