Hadn't told the wife yet

Harmsway

A new poster here seeking a more rewarding sailing experience. Yikes - that sounds like a want add. Sorry for that. What I mean is a few years ago I read not to worry so much in buying the first boat. Only after you own one will you begin to know what you really want and not want. Even still I research like crazy before deciding on a Catalina 22 which I have own for a couple years now. Boy were they right.

Nothing against the C22 but the first thing I learned about myself is that my heart is with wooden boats. I was convinced by current boating literature that wood boats are harder to maintain driving the would be sailor to stay at home. Besides trailerable wooden sail boats aren't something you find too easily to buy. Well forgetting all that a week ago I went on a web search for wooden boats and came across Stevenson website. Hey I think I can do this, I think I can build one of these. I'm here now to tell you that yesterday I received my Weekender Building Guide. I'm pretty hyped but I hadn't told the wife yet.

Gene Harm

• 6 months later...