Missing in... well, missin gin winter and in-action

Blacksmith

Good afternoon to all. I have not posted for some time. Sorry. I have been reading most all the posts, and trying to keep up with all that is going on. So, a warning, this is a kinda long list of stuff, that I need to get out, and you all are the chosen victims or what ever, but you can just not read it it you don't want. :)

So, here I go. Lots of stuff going on since I last posted, a couple months ago, about water in the cabin of my Microtrawler. I know where the leak is, at least the general area, but it got too cold to really get into the find and fix, so I will get on that first thing this spring.

Emily, youngest daughter, that dad is VERY proud of. She is now in her third semester at a local college, and is on the Deans List. All A's to date. Her mom drives her to class, waits in the parking lot, drives her home and helps her with the home work if Emily needs any help. My wife is a saint. Most of Emily's profs have been good about her CP, but this last semester, one prof, after Em told her about her limits, said, and I quote" This is really going to muck things up having you in my class." My wife and Em will not let me go talk to the prof as they said they would not be able to bail me out. :D It really ticks me off though. Emily had to go out in the hall when the class went over a quiz, because Emily takes her tests and quizes in the special need department, and she had not taken hers yet. The teacher FORGOT that Emily was out in the hall, and went on with the class without her. I still want to go "talk" to her about it. If I take up a collection, will any of you give to my bail out fund?  :-\ Just a joke, but I do get ticked off.

Lindy, oldest daughter. Dad is just as proud of her. She was eccepted to medical school, and she and her husband will be moving to Kentucky this summer when her husband, Scott, finished his schooling. He builds musical instraments, dulcimers, guitars, things like that. They are fun to watch. The kids doing so well, the money they don't have, the cars they drive with no fear, things like that. I guess we were like that too, weren't we?

Me. Work, well, it is work,not bad, but work. In my job I have to drive a lot. A while back, on one of these drives I hit a gaurd rail at about 70. Not the way I wanted to start my day, but not too much damage to the car, and very little to me. But I have no idea of what hapened. So, lots of test. I cannot drive, play with sharp things, or run with scissors. At first the doc was thinking things like tumor, not what I want, but one batch of tests ruled that out. Now they are talking seizure or some thing like that. The not kowing is hard for me, and I am getting a little grumpy. OK, down right crabby, according to the women that have to put up with me. They are both SAINTS, I think.

My wife. Well, what can I say. She is the best thing that God ever gave me.

Thanks for letting me ramble on, and on, and on.....

Hope to see some of you on the water this summer!

Stephen

Good to see you back here, Stephen! 

The guardrail thing could be something like sleep apnea.  My brother had what they call "microsleep", where he would fall asleep for brief moments when driving, etc.  The usual pattern is someone who snores, is overweight, and falls asleep in the recliner watching the game (gee, isn't that ALL of us?)  In my brother's case, he had a sleep test and they determined he needed to wear a kind of mask to bed that blew air into his mouth all night (a CPAP machine).  I told him I'd never be able to deal with that, but he loves it and says it changed his life.

Doesn't academia give you such a warm fuzzy?  I was somewhat of a late starter to higher education, starting when I was 29.  I recall, on several occasions, having to remind more than one professor that I was actually paying for an education.... with real money.....out of my pocket.....at great sacrifice to myself and family.  I reminded them that, in fact, the students were not there for the instructor's benefit, but the reverse was true.  I said it respectfully, but let it be known that he/she would not "steal" my money by not providing the service that I paid for (in advance) in a professional manor.  I will stop there and hope that I have given you food for thought.

...Page 2!      (I'm really gonna miss Paul Harvey)

About your possible seizure incident, some information that you may find interesting can be found at a website authored and maintained by my veterinarian.  Yes I said veterinarian, and yes, I'm serious.  He has done a lot of research on controlling idiopathic epilepsy in dogs with diet rather than medication.  While his research is nominally having to do with pets, he obviously wants you to draw a parallel human conclusion.  I  found it very thought provoking, but not being medically trained, I asked a medical doctor friend of mine what she thought about his research (she is a research pathologist and he is her vet also).  Her reply was, "He's absolutely right, but not many people will do as he suggests".  For what its worth  the link is:

http://www.dogtorj.com/

To keep this from being completely off topic....Would you please fix that silly leak!  It's sounds like you really need to go sailing!

Larry

Thank you for the link. I have tried to read it all, and I think my brain is going to choke soon. Lots of good information. I will be asking the doc about some of this when I talk to him next.

The weather is almost 40 today, temping me! I want to uncover the boat and strt puttsing with stuff on it. But we average about 2 feet of snow in March, so I really should wait a few weeks.....but I DON'T WANT TO ;D

Hoping for open water soon!

Stephen