Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:38 AM
Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:22 AM
Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:21 PM
On the detail drawing, the forward girder (fore and aft, underneath the foredeck) is shown in between the hull chine sections at the bow. That's easy enough to do but, the instructions state that this girder is installed after the hull sections are wired together. Which means that the girder would be epoxied in on the inside of the hull bow joint. That too is easy enough to do.
Question is which way has it been done, and/or would one method be preferred over the other?
Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:43 PM
Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:43 PM
Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:10 PM
I have devised a workaround for an overstressed lower bow section and the build is progressing nicely.[attachment=2]
Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:29 PM
Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:37 AM
Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:31 PM
Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:02 AM
Glad to see someone else is spending the winter building a new ride.
The work around was needed because the bottom hull panels cracked during the "stitching" process. Paul Fisher said they had difficulty getting the bow of the one they built to come together, but that their plywood did hold up under the stress. I'm using 6mm okume from Joubert. There was no warning of an overstress (i.e., cracking/tearing sound) only a loud "bang" that scared the be-jeesus out of me.
I cut the bottom hull sections at frame 13 because the "flatness" of the hull shape in that area will allow a butt splice without inducing too much distortion.
Last night I started stitching the 6x30mm plywood strips in place. No pics yet. It was late and the need of sleep finally took over...
Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:43 PM
Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:00 AM
Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:31 PM
Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:44 AM
Here is one link: http://download.cnet...4-10073935.html
Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:24 PM
I haven't given up just for now I'm busy with other things. Hope all the other dreams and builds are going well.
The build here in southern Maryland was also going well... until I developed a health "issue". The bow section is "repaired", and port side is completely filled and taped. Starboard side should be finished this week. I'll post pictures tomorrow...
Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:45 AM
The splice at station 13
and the strips from the splice to the bow
Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:35 PM
Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:16 AM
Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:11 PM
Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:50 AM
Now that the heat wave is over :cool: I might make better progress.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users