Private party sales are between the two people, so some precautions are in order. You can post your email address and city and state, but never post your physical street address or phone number. Make sure the person you are dealing with is a regular member here or known by you otherwise, and exercise caution. These tips adapted from Craig's List are appropriate:
- NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- messing-about.com IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
- AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
For more on-line safety tips, visit Get Safe Online.
Commericial posts are welcome if they are specific to a product or a special you are running ("10% off all Flimflangles"). Please post only one message about your commercial product or service; duplicates will be removed. And be nice; don't spam our board with more than one message per month (unless you have a REALLY good deal going!)
For general advertising on the site, please contact me.