messsabout thread.

Oyster

Wow!

All those detail shots of Peter's boat.  The seats on Miss Stephie are the coolest ever.  Do I see rumble seats on Chic's Lobsterboat (I missed that while I was there)?

I've got to agree about the "Best pic" though.  That's a group of people who are having a good time  ;D

I hereby officially nominate Paul for the position of '08 B and B Messabout Historian.

John,

I wish I had spent more time looking at that BRS15!   Anyway, it sure sailed gracefully.  My apologies for thinking it was a CS15. Thanks for the correction.  Label changed. 

Was that you in the BRS15 ?   Your BRS15 ?   

I think I've got the faces matched to the boats,  but I'm still working on remembering/learning many names correctly.   So little time,  so many wonderful sailors and boats.   We just gotta have another B&B mess-about!

--Paul

I enjoyed visiting with old friends and making new ones.  It was great to spend time with people who share passion for these fine boats.

Highlites for me:

Meeting people face to face that I have shared this space with. 

Seeing other peoples fine craftsmanship put into their boats.  A very fine group of craft we have.

Sailing with new friends

Sailing with old friends

Sailing with the dolphins

post-75-129497678741_thumb.jpg

post-75-129497678756_thumb.jpg

post-75-129497678764_thumb.jpg

Shucks!  I missed the dolphins.  Now that I think about it I wonder how much we all missed while our cameras were trained faithfully on Lapwing... ;)  Talk about a movie star...  Nessie Might have surfaced behind any one of us while we were on the water and we would have missed it because our cameras were all trained on that sweet little boat.

Thanks to all of you who have shared pictures and video of the messabout.  Watching from afar it is nice to be able to put some faces to names.  Enjoyed seeing the detail on the boats. Lots of inspiration for amateurs like myself.  Particularly useful to me is seeing how the sails and centre board are rigged.  Lot of good descriptions on this site but unless I have a book of nautical terms at my side I struggle to put it all together.  Pictures worth many words as they say.