Where's the Waterline?

High C

Does anyone know where I could find an accurate idea of where the waterline lies on the Weekender? I'm considering using real bottom paint so I can leave her in the murky bayou behind the house sometimes. But I don't know where to draw the lines. Any ideas?

Also, I've posted a couple of new progress pics on my Weekender site.

www.jtservices.net/boat.htm

One method I have seen used is to get the boat into the water with what you will consider a normal load, then mark her, it will mean having to clean the mess off later but you can get a good idea as to where it will be, :oops: :roll: :?: :!: :arrow: :D 8)

Islands

I think too much

Thats what I did...I marked the boat with a pocket knife while she was in the water.

Oddly enough...the for and aft points seem to land right at natural 'points of the hull. Easy enough to remember.

These boats are so light and so differently set up load-wise, I am sure every one will have an different water line.

If it helps you, I can post something that will show you where my water line is.

Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I figured I'd have to do. I was just hoping to paint the bottom now while she's upside down and easily accessible.

Tomorrow will be the final fairing, with epoxy and West 410 filler, then painting next week! Woohoo. :lol: