Cabin Fever

Blacksmith

I just wanted to say Hi to all. I am fighting a really bad case of Cabin Fever. We have a Special Winter Weather Warning in place for tonight, wind chills on excess of -40. I just cannot get used to that no matter how hard I try.

So, Hi to all and hope you are doing well!

Stephen

Nice to see you pop in Tell us about your boat ventures last year and some photos, as I do not recall seeing them while you are awaiting another season to show up. I hate to hog the space here, but its been a bit slow with folks sharing their building projects. But I will also share some diversions here of our recent weather and winter sports. Today will be a redo. Blueskies are far as the eyes can see........and the water is a decent temperature for walking and wading in the waters. The best thing is still few yahoos and jetskis are about, adding some extra niceness to the days.

DSC04402.jpg

Cabin fever?  I hear you loud and clear!  It has been raining, snowing, blowing here for longer than I car to remember (about 2 weeks straight), with a prediction of at least another week!  All of the passes are closed again, more this year than in the past 10 put together.

Oyster, thanks for the pictures, at lest we still know there is sun someplace in the world. :)

Each day we never know what life offers up. Today life once again offered up a wonderfull time with my middle son that had a free weekend and made the choice to spend it with his old man and his Mother. We took the 12 footer, mini Simmons skiff up into one of the headwaters that has a lot of cypress trees and a lot of old growth oaks along the banks. We took a slighty different turn since snake season has yet to be in season. Today was a fine day to be alive, once again. Enjoy

DSC04529.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

DSC04537-1.jpg

DSC04533.jpg

DSC04509.jpg