B&B boats in south florida?

Noklin

I think my CS 20 may have set a record for the miles traveled while under construction.

I purchased the plans while at home in North Carolina, started the build in north Alabama, moved the boat back to North Carolina 1 year later (685 miles), this november it will be moved to south Florida (930 miles) where the build will be completed, I hope.

I think this area, biscayne bay national park, is ideal for this type of boat. Miles and miles of warm shallow water from the atlantic ocean side of the florida keys north to Miami.

I was wondering what B&B boats might be located in this area.

Nolkin,

Check out our West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron at this site:

http://members.ij.net/wctss/wctss/

There a lot of sailors in the area you are speaking about.  I do not know of any B&B boats but our club does venture down to that area.  I plan to take my CS 17 "Lively" down there sometime around the New Year Holiday.

You might want to join our club or at least our Yahoo Groups.  A lot of discussions about sailing in Florida and in South FL.

Dale

You should come to the start (at Fort Desoto in St. Pete) or the finish (in Key Largo) or both next March.  Keep up with the race and come join us when we finish.  It will be the first week in April.  I will have my CS 20 (currently under construction) and Graham will surely trailer some creation of his fertile mind down.  Keep up with the action at watertribe.com.

Doug (Ridgerunner on the WaterTribe site)

Doug,

Just so there is no confusion here is the date of the Evergades Challenge for next year taken directly off the WaterTribe site.

"The next Everglades Challenge is March 1-9, 2008. There is an equipment inspection Friday, February 29, 2008. Cost is $350 for a solo entry and $700 for a double."

Dale

• 2 months later...

It appears that I will have more B&B boats in the area than I had figured, that's great. Now all I have to do is finish the boat. Have the boat here, working on the new cradle. Hope to have the boat on the new cradle and in the garage next week.

Looked at the chart of the biscayne bay area. It is hard to find any depth over 10 feet. Lots of 2 to 4 foot soundings. Of course the chart datum is mean lower low water so the normal water depth will be higher than indicated.

With day time temperatures still in the lower 80s and windy, I am in a hurry to finish and get the boat in the water. I met a guy where I have the boat in storage that was looking for weekend crew on his Hunter 23, but ever day spent sailing is one less day to work on my own boat.

aV47Uog0.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest vanquish

This one is too good, so I had to reply.  My coresound 20 started in Alachua, FL, moved 650 miles to Tennessee, then 910 miles to Philadelphia, and come April I will bring it from Philly 1350 miles to my shop where I live now, which is Key West, FL.  Between the two of us, these two boats will have traveled 4500 miles and neither have hit the water yet!  Ok, mine might have been floated once in the pond just to see how she sat in the water!

Biscayne Bay is a great location to sail out of.  I've gone out a few times there.  It's similiar to the keys, which are right around the corner as well, so if you trailer its easy to swing down here for the weekend.  I have not seen any BandB boats down as far as Key West and I've lived here for almost three years.  When I get my boat done it would be nice to meet up with some other coresound's!