CS 17 Tow Vehicle Question

Tim

No question at all.  I tow mine with a two wheel drive light pickup and I have never had a problem.  Your vehicle has a weight distribution that is heavily biased toward the drive wheel, especially on a steep ramp.

The downside is the drive wheel is closer to the water and more likely to run afoul of slime or sand on the ramp.

Just a couple of weeks ago I met a couple who were towing a boat of roughly twice the displacement of a CS17 with a (new style) VW Beetle.  They said they had never had a problem and credited their front wheel drive with pulling it out because they were able to get traction with the drive wheels at the top of the ramp (even though the angle of the ramp unloads the drive wheels a bit).

Based on that I would stake my reputation on the ability of your scooter to tow that boat.  Oh, that's right - I don't have a reputation  ;D

If you DO have trouble pulling the boat out of the water just get a volunteer to sit on your shoulders.  That should add traction to the drive wheel.

And don't forget to post pictures of the operation  :D

But seriously folks:  One of the old tricks was to mount a second hitch on the *front* bumper of a two-wheel drive pickup.  It got the drive wheels off the slime and allowed the driver to see the position of the trailer.  As well as getting you some funny looks while driving down the road.

???