Plywood sources

Kudzu

FINALLY getting the point I can start to think about boat building again. Have my shop pretty much set up. I have all but one of my machines restored. I still need to finish the American 30" bandsaw but one is just down the spending some money on it. Not that much work left.

My niece and I want to so some kayaking trips and as much as I want a Strip Kayak I have settled on a pair of Diva's. They are a good match for what we want to do and since she is 17 and getting ready for college I figure it won't be long before she is to busy to go with me much. Since these are rather quick to build they make a lot of sense.

I am in North AL and not much (read none) in the way of marine ply around here. So I have order it and have it shipped. Looking for recommened sources? Who have you guys dealt with and like?

HEY CHARLIE!

I am going to be in Houston Christmas week it looks like. I am building some furniture for my sister and will be taking it out to her. Since we will be in the wifes vehicle I expect to be towing a small UHaul.  Just though that, depending on the cost, I might just tow it back and bring some plywood with me. Assuming there is a good source in the Houston area?  Charlie, I think you somewhere near Houston so maybe you can tell me?

Jeff

World Panel has always been good to deal with. The only caveat is that they are selling a okume ply that is made in China and some of it has poplar or unknown species for cores, which being heavier than an all okume sheet it is very much stiffer across the sheet. This can create difficulties when folding a Diva. My favourite ply for building a Diva is made by Joubert.