Tin Bin: Icy pictures from March

styge

Here's some more.  And now that I know that they posted.  These were from early March.  We had a very heavy snowfall this winter, upto three feet fell at one point.  We also had all the snow from the roof come down into the yard right in front of the boat and buried the neighbors car.  Anyway, as the boat was somewhat out of sight ( and therefore out of mind) it filled with snow very early on.  Then it melted and refroze into a solid block of ice.  This was added to by more than three feet of snow.  I had my hands full with work and keeping the driveway clear till I noticed the boat leaning to one side.  I figured the wheel had sunk into the ground a little.  It was another two weeks or so before I dug my way close enough to the trailer to see that both tires had burst from the weight.  So, I tried jacking the traier up and snapped a suspension spring in the process.  I eventually got it up off the trailer on blocks.  It then had to sit there in a block of ice for another month or so.  It's just as well I went with Aluminum, othwise I would now be boat less. No major damage was done. A coupole of seat panels got a little bulged form water being inside the seat compartments and freezing.  Not much I can do about that and as far as I can tell after two sail trials now, doesn't seem to have negaively effected anything.  Anyway, heres a couple more pics.  Enjoy!  Oh, and I'm seriously considering changing Tin Bin's name to Endurance.  I certainly felt like Shakleton a few times, this past Winter! 

post-200-12949766018_thumb.jpg

post-200-129497660182_thumb.jpg

post-200-129497660185_thumb.jpg

post-200-129497660188_thumb.jpg