Main Mast block

Does any have a picture of the arrangement of the three block cluster at the main mast? I'm using sailtracks with two reef points. What do I need to consider when placing each of the blocks? My biggest concern is just how the reef rigging is configured.

Jim Bandle

CS-17 "Pluff Mud" (in progress)

Jim, I presume that you are mean the three blocks at the base of the main mast. They are for the halyard, downhaul/reefing line and snotter. Just position them so that the will lead aft in a fair line. Some people run them all down the starboard side and some split them and run one down the port side.

I put the downhaul/ reefing line about 1" to starboard and 1" behind the mast. An eyestrap goes in the same place but to port, this is to deadend the downhaul which goes from the eyestrap up to a block which is attached to an S-hook and down to the starboard block and back aft down the starboard side.

I put the halyard block another inch or so to starboard of the first block and the snotter block another incher to starboard of the halyard block and about forward slightly.