Spindrift 11 just about ready to hit the water.

Gunkee

After a bit over 12 months my Spindrift 11 is 99.9% finished. Just waiting for Kowhai's sail from B&B and a couple of blocks then I'm ready for my next big challange, learning to sail her. But since things dont stop around here It's back to the Marksman 22 cabin boat... Alastair.

post-687-129497656982_thumb.jpg

post-687-12949765699_thumb.jpg

post-687-1294976570_thumb.jpg

Good morning

A newby post: I have been lolling about this forum at least a year, loving the look of these boats, but I bought (a Holder 20) so I didn't have to wait 2-3 years to go sailing! I still want to build a Spindrift, but am wondering why the need for training wheels on this model?

Scott

Hi guys, I have used 6mm Meranti plywood for Kowhai's hull, but found it a bit heavy. So I made up this little launching trolly to make it easier to get it around. It works very well.... Alastair.

post-687-129497657142_thumb.jpg

What nice Spindrift! You'll have a lot of fun with her.

Greg - Say it isn't so! You're going to actually start your Spindrift??? :o

Steve

Once I can get some nice weather. It is snowing outside right now and more expected the next few days. I am SOOOO READY for warm weather. :)