Spindrift 11N & 12

aufwind

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. A big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this combined wealth of information.

I bought plans for & had intended to start a CS17 soon, but recent circumstances may require I "downsize" to something I can store at home, and transport via the back of my pickup (my cheap and close by boat storage area is probably going away).

Before ordering plans for a Spindrift, I would like to see if anyone has good pics of the interior layouts of either the 11N or 12, with sail rigging in place.

Trying to get an idea if I physically fit (6'4" 240lb), and if any sheets might be placed where they can trip up my dog (and if a problem possible alternate routing). Yea my life revolves around making sure the dog is comfortable :| .

Thanks!

Rob.

These are of a 10N and don't show the vang in place, but you get the idea. I would think a dog would either be found hovering on the bottom of the boat, or standing on the bow, waiting for the next splash in the face....and quite able to get tangled up in every line in the boat.

Picture163.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Seat shown here was a mockup I made out of scrap plywood. The real one was made out of ash, but I'm not sure I don't like the plywood better. Lighter and I'd be less concerned about what happens to it.

Thanks for the replies and pictures, very helpful.

On the CS companion CD, there are some pics of a CS with forward floorboards that can also be placed at seat top level, one on each side between the seat and centerboard case. This creates one large flat area rowing thwart forward.

I imagine this was to create a large berth area on the CS, but when I saw the pics I immediately saw double duty as an area for the dog while underway (yes she goes along anywhere dogs are allowed, 65lb lab/retriever mix that just LOVES the water).

Based on Howard's pics, creating a forward flat area should be possible on the Spindrifts as well. The vang might get in the way, have to explore further.