I'm Back

Joe(Cold Spring onHudson)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, I don't know Joe Old Buddy......you are pretty much a celebrity in other regions....

Are you sure you won't talk down to us on this little forum?

....or maybe you are still mad at me for calling guys that ride in spandex colorful sissies? :lol:

I think Frank should start up a bilge area here.....and we should invite Memphis Mike to entertain us :twisted:

I'm here, pitchers and Catchers started down in FLA. this week so spring cant be far behind. I'm catching up on some reading on this board. I like what you all have done with the place really spiffy :D

I will be posting some questions regarding getting eBay weekender back in the water when the Hudson lets go of her ice. This year the Hudson had its worse freeze over since the 1800 when it used to freeze over enough for people to walk across, if you can imagine that. The PC is gonna need a cash infusion to get beyond her keel. I hope to eBay in the water soon enough if the economy ever picks up. Since I have been hanging out over there another thought has crossed my mind a dream so to speak that puts the PC further back on the burner. If business ever picks up again and I can get to Condon Lumber and hunt through there marine lumber mill and pick & choose stock. I have this fantasy fueled by all that I have learned in the year I have been on The WBF of someday soon building a proper Blue Water Schooner in my barn. Then trailer her the 6.2 mi down the mountain and launch her at full moon high tide into the Hudson. From the Hudson and its deep water channel sailing south past my childhood home in the Bronx then through the narrows to the Atlantic and the trade winds. What a wild dream to build something in your house that could take you to Africa. Till then I'm stuck scrapping old styrene of eBay preping her for a fresh coat of epoxy and glass

Just stacked another 3/4 of wood to get me through this cold snap. I got the fireplace and woodburning stove and the pot belly wood stove in the kitchen stoked, house is cozy and smells wonderful, but man alive dose it take work must have burnt through a good 6 cords this winter so far. I'm ready for spring.

Take care Joe

Sorry to hear about your cold Joe. I followed your frozen pipes saga on WBF. It was hilarious...even my wife followed the thread. Great pictures...and all that plumbing advice...then the guy at the end who was pissed at you because he offered to drive over to your place and give you a hand but you must have missed his post or something.

Us west coasters have had a pretty awesome winter I would say.

Yeah, what's the deal over there? A couple of years ago it was a neat place to go and read some really interesting stuff about all sorts of topics. Now it seems to have fallen to where it's not even worth the time anymore. What a shame.

I love reading that forum. The range of character, intelligence and intellect is staggering! I have learned a lot about boats, people, Americans and Australians. (I am a Depressed Dingo fan...waiting for my T shirt)

Russ, the boat related stuff is still the same...it is just the 'Bilge' that gets wild and really really wicked at times. And at times it is heart warming and wonderful. I don't participate much but read most everything when I have time...and am thoroughly entertained...laughing out loud stuff. Like Rex's sunburned head!! :lol::lol::lol:

Are you a Weekender guy Oyster?

I agree. I was just thinking that very thing just this afternoon.

Its just a neighborhood

The WBF Bilge is really just a perfect neighborhood. Good and bad, drunk and sober, right and left.

I really enjoy that neighborhood. Even my wife reads any threads I turn her on to.

I loved Rex's rant today...the wild poetry. I think he had too many Guiness with his afternoon Rugby game.... :lol::lol::lol:

Is Rex a hoot or what? He is just coming into his own. What a cool headed guy. He lives on the most off the wall place, though. I have a really close friend in Greenville that built one, but I don't own one. In our area the Spritsail was the boat of choice. The B&B is as close to it as it comes in a plans boat. I have been threatening, but we do so much fishing , the garvey fits my cup of tea. I keep threatening, but I am waiting for Capt. Sand to finish his, but I maybe in a wheel chair by then.

I will drag my moaning chair to his joint this late summer if plans go as planned. This last two weeks have found me a little unsettled to the summer's plans. I would love to do a get together witht a bunch in the Georgia-S.C. area with the Southestern Elbow Benders group, but that is up in the air for now.

I looked at Joe;s boat as an easy way to go boatiing quickly, instead of building at one point, but it didn't work out.

Ain't no one else but the one, Jo. I will let you in on some inside infomation. One does not sand as much as Capt. Neverperfect does, when one sands himself. He has a well trained assistant. :wink: Behind every man there is a really good woman. Right?