Core Sound 20 on eBay

ned asplundh

I first listed it on the Forum's Classifieds, but did not have much responce, so I deleted the Classified post and moved it to the auction site for a try

Mike, you are correct, it is the same boat pictured on the CS20 page as the top photo. I believe it is hull number 8, as the Man. Hull ID number is CS202000171108

Jeff, Marvin Haas built the boat with a shorter foredeck. I find the shorter deck makes it easy to reach the foremast step with the mast in hand

I was recently given an older O'Day daysailor that had damage from a fallen pine during a storm. I have been repairing that boat and it looks like it can be saved to sail again, thus the listing of the CS20 to make some room in the yard. All of you know how that is

post-1068-129497656332_thumb.jpg

Sheesh...someone should buy this boat just for the components! Right now the price is just over a thousand bucks. Comes with a trailer and sails. If I were in the area, I would buy it. Sails and trailer are worth more than the current price. This is an insult to the Core Sound community. :shock: Maybe you are all just waiting for the last minute?

Well the sale is not over on ebay yet and you will be surprised how much the price can go up in the end.

Wish i was in a position to go for it. Need to sell my current sailboat before I can buy another one. If it does not sell on ebay post it here again and i'm sure you will ge ta bite.

Regards,

Niels

I'd love to bid on it. Might actually save me some money!

I have been getting together the resources to build my own CS20 for the past year now. The big impediment is the garage rehabilitation that is necessary. I live in MA and it gets COLD here. Without a garage that can be heated, I can only build when I ought to be sailing. (I've got a Chrysler LS-13 that is fine but not very thrilling. I don't like the masthead rig on the thing. The main has no drive and the jib can't be cleated because it can knock the boat down all by itself.)

Anyway, new roof, rebuilding one side of the foundation, concrete floor. Unghh! too many bucks and a lot of work! A nice CS20, ready made and ready to go would get me sailing (fast) when I should be digging new foundations!! Sailing sounds like much more fun!!

Chad

I am boat poor and the CS 20 is just too much boat for me as a day sailer now. I hope the boat does have the usual uptic at the end of the auction because the current bids are just way - way too low. It appears to have a few cosmetic issues in the interior (I may be seeing wrong) in the photos but the basic structure looks fine.

A new CS 20 would probably cost over $10K to have built. This looks like a great opportunity for anyone contemplating such a build.

• 2 weeks later...