A little Box-Kite fun!

Phil

Hey Guys

It's been awhile since I posted here but I have been keeping abreast of the builds. Nice job Capt Jake on the restore! and Greg how did that Loster boat for the class finally turn out?

Here is a fun little Box-Kite project I did with a friend of mines kids, they loved it and I'm sure yours would too!

I used 36"x 1/4" oak dowels with clear tubing to hold the 16" long spreaders to the verticals and 1'x4' mylar drafting film for the sails. Here are some sites for more designs. Have fun! 8)

http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/spring/kites/index.htm

http://www.kckiteclub.org/DaveEllis/boxkite.htm

post-871-129497655816_thumb.jpg

post-871-129497655824_thumb.jpg

post-871-129497655832_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys

It's been awhile since I posted here but I have been keeping abreast of the builds. Nice job Capt Jake on the restore! and Greg how did that Loster boat for the class finally turn out?.........................

Phil, the lobster boat's deck and cabin were being installed this fall but I did not have time to work on it. At this point I do not know how much is left to do. I need to find that out and see if I can help some more.