Keruing marine grade panels

Greg Luckett

Uh, yes, very much so. It's weight is also nearly (going from memory here) 4 times that of Okume. I considered it when I 'nearly' started on Princess a few years ago. The weight was so much greater that Graham had serious concerns about the affect of the added weight on the proposed design.

I don't want to 'bad mouth' the product. I am very impressed with it. It would make a bullet proof boat, if you can bend it to your needs. It bends, it just depends upon the severity of the bend.

If you are looking at buying it where I think you are, have them send you a sample. They did that for me, no charge!! :)

Good luck, are you having fun yet?? :) :)

Wow, that much heavier? I wonder what and where it would be advantageous to use it? I will email or maybe phone and ask the supplier to get me the mechanical specifications on the veneer and the panels. A sample does sound nice too. It is my hope to start construction of a Princess Sharpie 26 towards the end of this year....money and a place to build being the major problems at this point. Living in SW Michigan means I need a building. Darn city won't let me build it in the front yard, and the back yard is mostly ravine and utility easements. Anyway, I digress, sorry.

Thanks Capt.Jake.

Greg.