Belhaven Progress

Larry Q

I had a fairly productive day after a rough start. I ended up removing both Bulkhead 1 and the Temp frame and tightening everything up before I put them back in. It was definitely not fun getting bulkhead 1 back in, but it is there now and I have tight seams.

I got the inwales installed and most of the seams tabbed before I ran out of daylight. I still had the hollow in the bottom that I mentioned yesterday, but I found a way to work around it. I made a jig to pull the hollow until I get all the seam tabbed and taped. The hollow is on the 1/4" section of the bottom where I will eventually have to put stringers, so everything should work out in the end.

Tomorrow I go back to work to get some rest ...

post-281-129497653199_thumb.jpg

post-281-129497653206_thumb.jpg

post-281-129497653217_thumb.jpg

Larry I know you got a lot on your mind. But remember to add some 3/4 stock in the transom where you may want a swim ladder and a motor mount. Before you close the transom up.

I'm sure you know this, before you tap make sure she is fair in every way. You will have to live with what you do now the rest of the project.

Scott

I hear you Scott. That's why I made the jig to pull the hollow out of the bottom before I started tabbing the seams. Adding the inwales did wonders for the hull shape too.

Thanks for the reminder about the transom. I am still quite a way from closing up the transom, but I need to start thinking about swim ladders and motor mounts.

Looking great Larry.

Sometimes ya just got to back up and begin again. FAR better to spend the extra time now fixing something using the wires, than try to fix something once that epoxy cures.

Spend how ever long it takes eyeballing every thing, making sure all those lines are fair and "sweet" Easy to make changes now, very difficult later.