BoardTracker?

Guest Oyster

"Boardtracker" is a search engine for forums, and I signed up with them to index the posts here in a more meaningful way. I also have Google now searching through forum posts (I previously had Google excluded from the forums to save on bandwidth costs). I'll add a better search function to the forums once I figure out whether Google or BoardTracker make a better mousetrap in that regards; the built-in search function simply fails to work well after you get to a certain number of posts.

Boardtracker created a "boat building" category in their 'catalog', and will see if folks like Duckworks, WBF, and all the others out there want to be indexed. That could be helpful for people looking for boat building advice.

Its been on all day; if you look at the "who's online" tag on the main Forum index page (where you can see all the forum names), you'll see him there.

I keep checking my bandwidth numbers to make sure I don't go over my allotment, but so far he and Google have chewed up only about 2 GB.

Looks like Boardtracker has left the building! We're up to 2.95 GB of bandwidth viewed by the robots like Boardtracker and Google over the last week this month; I hope that now they just have to add the new content and not re-index everything from start to finish again!.