Missing members?

capt jake

Hi Jake, I am still here. It's been busy at work this summer. I have done some work on the Weekender. I guess I should post some pictures. I picked up a 3hp (Sears Gamefisher) outboard for $85. Changed the plug and it started on the second pull...WOW! I tried it out on my Portabote and it worked pretty good. It is very noisy though. Also got 2 trolling motors from a guy at work. A 34# Motorguide, a 30# Minkota and a 1 year old 70AH deep cycle battery. I don't know if either will be big enough for the weekender, but I the price was right!

Are you going to the wooden boat festival in Port Townsend this year? Maybe we will see you there.

joel

You own a Portabote and a Weekender, and live in the PNW?

That is just eerie.... You don't own a Suzuki Samurai, too, by any chance? :-D

I had one of those Gamefishers, and yeah it was loud. Can't say I was too sorry to see it just stop with a bang in the middle of Lake Washington one day - aside from the long row home...

I just picked up an old Foremost 3.5, which is also air cooled. A little quieter than the Gamefisher was, but not much. Not having a water jacket around the cylinder makes a lot of difference I guess. Maybe the fins on it help to radiate sound away from the engine too. But they sure are nice for salt water use.

When is the Port Townsend wooden boat festival?

Noel

http://www.woodenboat.org/festival/index.htm

If you can attend on Sat rather than Sunday, you will get to see a lot more of the exhibits and boats. People start pulling out fairly early on Sunday in some cases and by Sunday afternoon things are shutting down.

They sail in the afternoon right infront of a big grandstand and you can see many of the boats moving about undersail and quite close to the shore.

Lots of good things to do and see. Fun, fun, fun. 8)

You own a Portabote and a Weekender' date=' and live in the PNW?

That is just eerie.... You don't own a Suzuki Samurai, too, by any chance? :-D

Noel[/quote']

I don't own a Suzuki Samurai but I once thought about getting a Geo Tracker . I rented one a few years back and had a great time with it. I did not consider this as a tow vehicle. How is the Samurai working out at the boat ramp??

Looks like Saturday 09/08/06 would be a good time to go to PT we will try to make it.

As far as the Portabote and the 3hp motor... I have a buyer lined up for this Friday, said he would bring cash! I thought I would put the money toward a 2hp honda.

joel

Joel and others in the Puget Sound; there is another wooden boat show in Longbranch.

Wooden boat rendezvous

August 25, 26, 27

Longbranch marina in Filucy Bay (end of key peninsula by land)

That is all the information that I have. A lot of the same folks from the Olympia show as well as some who stay in the Longbrach area.

John, I have been to that marina. It's not far from Joemma State Park. That's our favorite park. Nice boat launch, and dock. We hope to launch our Weekender there when its finished. There is very limited parking at Longbranch. I'm not sure how they can have a boat show there

joel