New Digs for Stevenson Projects

MikeStevenson

Hello All,

We leased a space in South San Francisco today, in preparation for the move of Stevenson Projects to SF. The space is big enough fo rus to get some work done (for a change), so the first building project I do will be a test of the new 14' boat Peter's working on. I fly back to Texas on Saturday to check it out (and the new CycleKart...can't forget those!)

As Peter's in Texas now, and my projects and interests have shifted to San Francisco more, it seemed like a good time to combine space with my sister Shannon Stevenson. I think this new space will see a lot more projects than we've managed here in Carmel; the DVD re-edit has already begun! The sailing opportunities in SF Bay are wildly more interesting than Monterey Bay, and I'm chomping at the bit to get started on a boat.

That's about it for now. I'll keep everyone posted as things move along.

Mike

Yep, Shannon's been doing a lot of painting and photography in the past years, but is a bit burned out and wants to work on more profitable stuff for awhile and is sharing the space with me for her projects.

Peter's near Kerrville, TX. Pretty much in the center of the state.

Mike

Well, he's busy restoring the barns, building a new CycleKart (and tracks to drive them all on. Boy! Tractors are REALLY FUN...I guess people already knew that...), and building the new Super-Skipjack-type boat. Certainly keeping busy. And trying to keep cool; he doesn't have much in the way of air conditioning, but that is sort of his style anyway...Mostly having fun!

Mike

Mike, glad to see you back on the board.

Will you be updating the site anytime soon? What's the skinny on the "super skipjack"? If you want to add a few Weekender pictures I guess there are some from recent launches. I could send you some of mine with her new tanbark sails if you want.

I will certainly be gettting back to doing more frequent updates to the site in September. August is already shot with stuff I have to do and things planned, but it should get more sane soon...

I'd love to start putting up more builder shots. I had a chance to try out the new boat's seating and such, but it was only on the trailer. It feels great so far and I'm still excited to try it out in the water...It was not the right weekend this past visit to Texas, so I guess it'll have to be next time.

Mike