Scott's Launch

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oyster

Yes, I guess I can spill the beans here. On this coming wed. afternoon, at around fiveish, at the plantation owned by Graham, there will be goodies and conversation until when.....They have been busily preparing the boat with proper attire, and supposively to be quite a piece of workmanship.

"Waiting"! At times, can be a hard thing to deal with. :wink: And to think, one still has more "waiting" to go thru, waiting for such to be posted after the main event. I wonder how long that'll take? Think they'er thinking of us poor soles out here just waiting at this time, to see and hear?

Yup, Waiting!

(I guess I'll just have to wait a few more days, damn!)

THANKYOU Graham, for the update! Looking great!

It must be so gratifying for you, to see one of your designs come to light, let alone get to be a part of it.

Looking much forward to further updates. (Rain, go figure :shock: )

Is the Minister across the way, going to do the blessing? :wink:

Guest Oyster

Belhaven19.jpg

A real gentleman that has done a nice job with his boat, and has come all the way to North Carolina to name his boat "Raindrops" I hate to be in his shoes when he returns to Indiana and tells his kids. :lol::lol:

Great job Scott. I think the boat looks better in the water than it did on paper. I was surprised at the stability when stepping aboard too. Graham did a great job, as usual. Pity we had no wind at the launching ceremony but I'm sure "Raindrops" will sail well too. I heard several names bantered about. "Raindrops' came up because that is all we have seen for several days.

We had a great launching party with lots of good friends to share the boat with. Have only sailed in light winds with the boat showing very good manners so far. A little breeze sprung up after everyone went home so we took her for a spin. Here she is running wing and wing.

Scott is spending the night on board and he will do some cruising tomorrow.

post-186-129497650975_thumb.jpg

WOW! Great jog Scott. Been following since the begining, congratulations on a great job. She is beautiful. You will never know how much I respect you and the rest that stay with it till the finish. My little minicup sits there half made and and I keep thinking I have to get back at it.

Now what do you do? What are you going to work on??

Scott, I must add my congratulations on the lauching of "Raindrops". The pictures look great. It has been rewarding to watch the progress of your boat all along the way. Welcome to the sailing side of this obsession.

Great winds always

Brent