A useful tool for working in confined places.

umop_apisdn

A webcam.

While working on installing my motor mount this weekend I spent a lot of time laying in awkward positions that brought back long repressed memories of college twister games. And with only one access hole to the lazarette, which was occupied by my arm, I found myself wishing I had eyeballs on the tips of my fingers.

A webcam attached to a laptop did the trick quite nicely.

Noel

Oh no Noel!! You've given Dave an idea! Do you have ANY idea what havoc you've unleashed?!?!? No doubt Dave is now planning some elaborate modification entailing a web cam focused on his awesome chain & sprocket steering system with integrated gps course plotting correlating rudder movements to course changes. :shock: For grins he'll probably add a real-time data uplink to a website. :lol:

--John M.

Alaska-in-Exile

Hmmm.... A servo motor and some optical recognition software, a palm pilot. Yeah. I think I could come up with a great Rube Goldberg-esque auto pilot. Hmmm.... Hey John, any chance I could get satellite access to an XT3 to do the nav calculations? :D