Weekender Transom Angles

Joel

Joel, Here is the deal, all the parts for the weekender need to be fit together to bulid the boat. When you are putting the parts together and it looks to you like you should cut a little off here or there or put a bevel or whatever, do it. The plans give dimensions to build the boat and when using them you must adjust them for your needs. You will find this is what all the other builders have done. Good luck.

Tom

:?:

Joel as I remember from the tape they did cut it square across the bottom, I need to look at my Vacationer plans and see if there is a differance..... :roll: looking at the Vacationer plan compaired to the weekend, in the installed point one is tapered, the other is not, I am going to guess that they did taper both though :shock: :shock: :shock: :arrow:

John

I think too much :idea:

Joel, the plans for the Vacationer show both the top and bottom cut square. I did not do this. I added a 1/4" to the top of the transom and then cut both top and bottom at a 32 degree angle. Don't know what the angle is on a Weekender. I didn't like the idea of a seam on the bottom that I was going to have to fill. Plus, it's nice to have the transom match the deck without an excessive amount of sanding. That's just how I felt about it.

Bob

Thanks guys, I guess I'll measure the angle and cut the bottom to match. I cut the transom with the curve at the top as shown in the plans, so the top angle is not an issue. If I decide to go with a taffrail, I will trim the top flush with the router.

joel