Battle sail in Coos bay OR

Tony Pratt

My friend uly or on this site known as smoolie671 gave me a wonderful B- day supprise this weekend, all I knew was that on saturday we were flying some where. well to shorten the story a little flew into portland OR him and his wife rented a car and off we went had no idea where we were going so I sat back and relaxed, It was funny because about 3-4 miles before we got into coos bay they handed me some ear plugs and couldnt figure it out then we get into town and their was a big sign saying drag racing friday, saturday, and sunday this weekend and I thought drag racing ok, so we keep driving down town when we came to a stop light and I looked over to the river inlet and there they were the lady washington and the hawaiian chieftian I about fell out of the car thinking no way, well sure enought they said supprise were go on the battle sail today, what a wonderful B-day gift it was a awsom day weather was great wind was 20+ miles per hour perfect, here are some pic,

post-470-129497649518_thumb.jpg

post-470-129497649523_thumb.jpg

post-470-129497649531_thumb.jpg

post-470-129497649537_thumb.jpg

post-470-129497649546_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tony, but I was actually looking for information on the wooden boat fair in Olympia. Not that a battle cruise wouldn't be a lot of fun, but Coos Bay is like an 8 hour drive for me. :-D

I did get to see Lady Washington at the Tall Ships last August.

Noel.

The battle reinactments are a lot of fun. Here's a picture of the Lady that I like.

battl022.jpg

I took my Dad on one in 2004 in the SF Bay. Our perspective was looking the other direction. If anyone is interested in more pictures, I made a little write up at: http://www.pragdata.com/philboat/battle.html