Wood Dust Health Alert

Guest Brent Sparks

Guest Brent Sparks

The National Toxicology Program's Tenth Report on Carcinogens (67 FR 77283) was recently issued. One change of interest to this group it that wood dust is now listed as a known human carcinogen.

I guess it is possible to get to much of a good thing.

The National Toxicology Program's Tenth Report on Carcinogens (67 FR 77283) was recently issued. One change of interest to this group it that wood dust is now listed as a known human carcinogen.

I guess it is possible to get to much of a good thing.

Wow' date=' I guess its been upgraded then. I may have to re-do our Dust Control in the Shop FAQ. I wonder if the old furnace filter in front of a 20" box fan is still a good option?

Guest Rob Blackburn

But so is coffee and bacon....

It is a heady thought really, wood dust, coffee percing and bacon on the stove along with fresh bread with butter (causing heart disease). All set in a wooden boat shed down on the water with the mist etc etc etc

sigh

Rob

blackburns@mac.com