Morningstar Rigging......

smoolie671

Smoolie, it looks great! I doubt if that mast will ever go by the board. I love the deadeyes.

I have one suggestion however. I would sieze a thimble into the bight of the shrouds at the top where they pass through eye in the eyebolt. As it is, all the the strain is borne by the fibers that are kinked around the eye.

You can open the thimble out to match the angle of the shrouds.

Will you worm and parcel the shrouds? What about installing ratlines?

Keep up the good work and the pictures. We certainly enjoy seeing your work.

Ratlines, yes. Worming and parceling.........um I don't think so, at least not right now. I know I'll be nit-picking this thing for years to come, so I might do it once I have the majority of the boat done. I have had to forgo some of the "traditional" building methods and materials for practicality reasons. But I'm trying to give it a traditional "look" to the best of my ability. Thats why the top deadeyes are not roped like they should be.

As well as the turnbuckles at the top. I just didn't like the idea of having to tighten every single deadeye every time I take her out. The rope for the deadeyes are cut to a set length and will not be adjusted.

As far as the rope going around the turnbuckle, I realy should have thought of putting some kind of protection there, thanks for the advise!

Well I decided to have them milled just for safety and my peice of mind. However, the guy that is doing it is dragging his feet. He should have them done by tomorrow. When I get them I will post pics of them They wont be fancy But they will do the job! :shock:

I tip my hat to you with your dedication to detail. I don't feel so lonely in doing something out of the norm, and thats a good thing to me. I know care has been taken to deal with the safety end of it. Looking foward to your float test. :)