Houseboat

Ken_Potts

I'm not convinced that this is a creation (although I'm perfectly prepared to be wrong).

The cut out looking stuff might be the result of data compression - Regions of pixels that are almost the same color are converted to the same color but regions where the colors differ radically aren't changed as much. Look at the way the horizontal and vertical lines of the barge line up - It would be quite difficult to come aross a house picture taken fron the right angle to match the barge picture. The lighting of the house and the barge look good to me too. I would also think that a doctored photo would come with a good story.

Like I say, I'm prepared to be wrong about the picture being real but I'm going to choose to believe it is real because it's just too cool - And I don't even like the architecture.

I poked around the the web and found a bunch of houses being moved on barges but none that were built on barges.

One day that might be me...

What is shown as the cut out area IS the compression (heavy JPEG), it could still be PhotoShoped but I dont think so: the perspective seems correct so far and the color and contrast balence between the tug, the barge and the house are identical... that is VERY hard to duplicate.

If it is an edited photo I would love to meet the person who did it, they are among the best in the world.

Cheers