New Links Page

Frank Hagan

Its not complete yet, but we have a new links directory tied to the forum registration at http://www.messing-about.com/links/

If you go from here to there, you will probably still be logged in, and can submit your link. The link is then held for approval and posted.

I'll be importing several hundred links I have collected, but would appreciate any links you have. The new script makes it easy to add and manage the links, and I'd like it to become a good resource for boat builders.

Here's our "link page" progress so far ...

1250 links in 16 categories, with 33 clicks and 1 comments by 541 members. Directory last updated 12/16/04.

Part of the mass import is done ... now to fix the categories that might be broken!

Be sure to add your own website to either the "B&B Yachts", "Stevenson Projects" or "Projects" category (or where it would fit best).

I'm busy with another site, but I'll get back to messing-about soon with some more improvements (one I'm testing on the other site involves allowing you to increase the font size in the forums).

But I'm pretty happy with the progress on the links page: 1676 links in 17 categories.

Frank' date=' I like the new work on the thumbnails.[/quote']

Thanks, Mike. I think they are about right ... I can usually see enough of the image that I don't have to expand them, and reformatting it so the image doesn't take up so much of the screen has helped readability.