Calling on Oyster!!

Tar Devil

Okay, Dude. Everyone here has seen your excellent boatbuilding skills. Now, how about showing us some of the peripheral boating stuff you make... like your truck rack (especially since I need to make one for my Ford). While you're at it we would enjoy some of the work you've done you your house.

Later,

Phil

Heck, what you guys doing to me? I ain't got a lot of pictures of my home stuff. But let me begin by this one here. You think boat projects take a long time. But this has taken 23 years and I am still working on this one. You guys expect a lot from this old cuss. :twisted:

Now let me see if I can search out that rack hack job.

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

canoe rack. This works great to haul long lumber, too, and still use your truck as a truck when not needed. I have the rails on the bed top rails, so I did not want to cut holes in the corners to receive any stakes in them. This is pretty substantial, but costs only 76 dollars, and that was the galvanized pipes and fittings. A regular truck parts store will charge you around 300 dollars and up just for a pipe type rack.

Gidday in return, John. I was alerted to his request, as I have given up all hope for that place, as it does not meet my need anymore. Time is just too precious. Shame.. :(

I sent him my thoughts by e-mail, but not sure if my perspective was well received. Offered to survey it, for expenses, as I am about 10 hours away. But in reality, the boat is workable, but his area and expressed surroundings, IMHO, lends to something a bit different. But thats not for me to make that type of decision. Hope you are gearing up for some nice sailing shots for us.

Well, best regards to you and Cheryl, Phil.

Hi Oyster, yes its been a bit torrid over there. I dropped out for a couple of weeks myself!.

Hey, those truck racks are just too dang organised. :) I came home the other day with 1 dinghy, 4 planks, 2 big old wooden trestles, 2 ladders and a few boxes of paint and tools in the back of the old Ford V8 ( jailbar)and I swear we looked like the Clampetts. :D Actually I think I may have even started humming the tune......."out one day....."

HEHE, I know what you mean, John B.. We have taken this rig across country, loaded to the top. We place all of our camping gear in blue flat stacking plastic tubs, with lids on them, load them up in the bed, and we have two sections of plywood that fits inside across them, nice and neatly, that we use as portable table tops, on top of a set of saw horses, the yellow things, if you look closey, that also ride between the plywood and under the boats, all nicely stowed just "RIGHT" :roll: yea, and if its not, it don't work. :shock: With the rail guards on top of the bed, with the corner holes covered, and needing to use the truck as a real truck, most of the time of year, this was the way I found to have the best of both worlds, in a truck with it removable. The plus is that it costs barely nothing unlike those high dollar pieces of pipes from the truck accessory stores, for a tune of almost 300 American dollars to start. The ladder rack ones cost almost 500 American Dollars. Yuke!!!! Not for me.