WHERE ARE THEY?

P Doug (WA)

Yeh, Adla? Where are you? I have taken a short break, But in the last few weeks I have been going insane with boredom. I had such a whirlwind experience this last summer getting the boat in the water, it is hard to live day to day without something to work on, so maybe it's time to get back into the moanin' chair. :)

Sorry, no one being silent at our house. Life just got even busier plus it's a bit hard to think of boats as the water is getting chilly. By Winter time, talk of boats helps to keep spirits up 'til Spring. Just a bit of local news: Tyler came to dinner last month and was just as good company in person as he is electronically. You would be in awe of the range of his interests (cars, trolleys, history etc.). The funniest revelation to emerge is that I grew up in the same neighbourhood and church as his father and aunt (he even pronounces "aunt" correctly, unlike those of you who think such persons are a form of insect). Hope Tyler is doing his homework. Freshman engineering is none too easy.

i'm here...currently at my desk painting my nails.... :P what?

i have done a few little things on the boat and made a built in bookshelf for my entry way...

http://adlacearl.com/v-web/gallery/albums/The-Mastiff-Gallery/IMG_0003.thumb.jpg

http://adlacearl.com/v-web/gallery/albums/The-Mastiff-Gallery/purple.thumb.jpg

This is all off topic...but i also took in another mastiff...(160 lb boy) who had been mistreated....he is doing very well and has a surgery today...but otherwise a wonderful dog...i've decided to adopt him...so, my time has been continuosly short...

http://adlacearl.com/v-web/gallery/The-Mastiff-Gallery

with any luck i plan to make my hatches this weekend....hopefully it won't be raining...

anywhoOo...i am still alive and thinking constantly about finishing the boat...and 8 million other things

a.

8)

those dogs really redefine the word LAZY....the fawn one is a rescue and had to have surgery today...things had to be sent to the lab...hoping he doesn't have cancer...they actually make great guard dogs - 5000 years of breeding- just to do that.

i did get news on my latest crazy idea...why not have a garage built...i am thinking 600 sq feet, my brother said why not 800...hopefully, we can get that started before too long. Next week he is going to get the plans *stamped*???? i just said whatever...hurry up.

hopefully, the hatches will be started this weekend...perhaps tomorrow..

Adla

right...that is what my brother tells me and he is planning 800 sq ft i believe...we'll see if the city will allow it..hehehe i am in one of those stupid historic districts...it wasn't 11 years ago but a bunch of yuppies have moved in and disrupted my peacefull ghettofabulous life. 800 sq ft seems like it would be enough even for me...

Just a bit of local news: Tyler came to dinner last month and was just as good company in person as he is electronically. You would be in awe of the range of his interests (cars' date=' trolleys, history etc.). The funniest revelation to emerge is that I grew up in the same neighbourhood and church as his father and aunt (he even pronounces "aunt" correctly, unlike those of you who think such persons are a form of insect). Hope Tyler is doing his homework. Freshman engineering is none too easy.[/quote']

Thank you for the flattering description! My father also told me that my grandmother was your girl scout leader. Engineering is going alright. It is a lot of work. Thankfully I won't have to retake any classes next semester (in fact I added a 3 credit course to my schedual), but I don't think I'll be making Dean's list any time soon. I joined the sailing team, we race Vangard 420's on the Delaware river, the season's over now and we pulled in the boats last weekend while the top team memebers were racing at Cornell. I'll hopefully be able to finish some work on my dory when I go back to Allentown for Thanksgiving next week.

I received and e-mail from Barry today. I am glad to hear he is doing well but I won't post his whole message hear without prior approval.

He is out of the country; thus he has not been able to post or keep up here.

Sounds like life is still full of adventers and fun things for him. I am looking forward to hearing from him later in the week.

Take care,

:)