Waste no time!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you guys will be in our prayers tonight. I sent several mails to you, and just figured you were extremely busy, and also I did read you post on your job change. I have been bouncing around the boards a bit, between glue joints. As always stated, the door is open for some R&R. And as a side note, a little fellow awaits you for some cruising about the marshes and rivers, all for showing up. You guys have been through a lot.

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

• 2 weeks later...

Well while the campaign raged on, I raged on with work. Contrasting trim on Mahogany, raised storage shelf, deck beams, and I do also have in place the framing for my mast step , mortised and fitted in place, [sorry for the glue showing up] sanding takes care of that tommorrow, and frames to stiften the bottom to the sides.

The next step is a second opinion at Scottsdale Mayo. The surgeon at JAX didn't want to do anything and the band aid procedure he recommended, her doctor didn't think would work. Small population of completions with mixed results and she has two of the contraindications. Hurry up and wait now. She is miserable with her throat burning all the time. This came on after the tumor and gall bladder removal and has gotten progressively worse.

update. Well is does not show much, but all of the heavy duty framing for the masts and seat thwarts are in, centerboard trunk all beefed up, and inside all primed and ready for interior seating to be placed in place. I have all of the templates made, and maybe we can all look at something more than just grass growing inside, for the last month. If you look foward inside the foredeck, there are two nice shelves to keep some dry provisions out of the bilge area.

• 3 months later...

Well, its final time for sure. I am in the process of finishing the bottom with glass. Yep, I am off my rocker. :twisted: And I went further off than many would have expected and have done the laminated keel. I did use a fairly substantial weight of biaxall, hoping never having to deal with this bottom again. But in many cases, in doing it on new work, it seems to be fine. I have a lot of miles to tow this boat and a lot of trailer sitting, so I have made this decision to go for it. I an mot really concerned with any added weight issues. I have always enjoy a more solid boat in the water, and will not be worried about any lose races. I hope that it will be ready by Mother's day, even with my little bitty engine, specially purchased for it, to do a nice creek test run with it.