New on messing ...

Frank Hagan

There's a new format here, designed to help make site navigation easier. If you are not seeing a blue-on-blue menu bar like the bottom picture below, let me know. I need to know the browser you are using, and the version number (see "Help" - "About" for the version number.)

If you are still using one of the real old browsers like Netscape 4.6, it will probably look like the top image below ... jumbled up. You should upgrade to a new browser.

I don't have copies of all the browsers to test, so let me know if it looks OK in yours.

[attachment over 4 years old deleted by admin]

Also, all the "ranks" are gone, except for "special ranks" granted to me (Site Admin), and other special guests like Graham from B&B Yachts, and Mike Stevenson from Stevenson Projects.

I'm considering allowing special ranks ... such as your boat name, or something like that. What do you think?

Frank,

I like the new look! :D I am getting the impression the move to the new server went well. The system seems to be working well. BTW, I am using Internet Explorer 6.0 sp 2. We try to keep up-to-date here at work and I follow right along with my home computer.

I was always intrigued by the ranks. It was interesting to see how we progressed up as we added messages, but it was just a diversion to the discussions. I think boat name is a good use for that field. I wouldn't want to lose the location either.

Steve

I do like the new look and format. I just found some things that I haven't seen for a while. I personally think it is a lot easier to navigate.

Ranks?? I'm used to promotion/demotion thing. ;) Furst you giveth, then you takuth away. LOL I could see that that in itself would be a huge monster to maintain.

Keep up the good work!

Been sailing Aslan at all??

Been sailing Aslan at all??

I have to get her out this weekend. The outboard has old gas in it, but I'm thinking I can just drain and refill. And the top mast hoop is broken, but I may take her out anyway ... the top hoop is so close to the gaff attachment that I don't think it will matter.

I haven't been sailing in so long that I have to make time for it. Otherwise it will never happen!

I haven't been sailing in so long that I have to make time for it. Otherwise it will never happen!

FRANK! throw the nextel/cell/pager/PDA on the counter and take her out!! I durned near christened my boat by breaking my pager over the bow! But then again I would have to explain (to myself) how it was broken, I am the 'pager' guy. LOL ;):)

No off with ya!! Get Aslan wet once again! :)

Its what I need to do! Its been a wild year, but there are priorities after all. The door casing and baseboard is all in (just have to paint it) and my wife is out of work now, so I should have less "honey-do's" (so far, she has redone the yard, and is painting the bathroom today, I think. I give her maybe a month before she goes stir crazy and goes back to work).

so I should have less "honey-do's" (so far, she has redone the yard, and is painting the bathroom today, I think. I give her maybe a month before she goes stir crazy and goes back to work).

Well there is a thought; maybe I should have her 'un-employ herself for a month or so, then she can get me caught up!?!? :? Nope, I don;t think that will fly, dang.... :)

so I should have less "honey-do's" (so far' date=' she has redone the yard, and is painting the bathroom today, I think. I give her maybe a month before she goes stir crazy and goes back to work). [/quote']

Well there is a thought; maybe I should have her 'un-employ herself for a month or so, then she can get me caught up!?!? :? Nope, I don;t think that will fly, dang.... :)

So far, that's how its working. Of course, once she has all the loose ends fixed around the house, I'm afraid she'll look around for another project and decide I need to be worked on!

So far, that's how its working. Of course, once she has all the loose ends fixed around the house, I'm afraid she'll look around for another project and decide I need to be worked on!

So you are telling me that it must be a genetic thing then? Be durned if that isn't the same thing that happens here too! She got a new dishwasher, but now wants me to paint things! OOhhhh, no, I hate paint!! Works sometimes. ;)............. back to my paint brush...........

I think the new design is great. But there are a few things appearing wrong at least on my browser (Mozilla Firefox 0.8, I use Linux on my desktop). On the horizontal link bar on the top the Forums link overlaps the Search link and the Members link. The search link also does not link to search.php but rather the forum. Also on the front page the side bar and the main content elements don't align correctly for me. On the whole I think the new front page is sharp and I'm glad it's updated.

I think the new design is great. But there are a few things appearing wrong at least on my browser (Mozilla Firefox 0.8' date=' I use Linux on my desktop). On the horizontal link bar on the top the Forums link overlaps the Search link and the Members link. The search link also does not link to search.php but rather the forum. Also on the front page the side bar and the main content elements don't align correctly for me. On the whole I think the new front page is sharp and I'm glad it's updated.[/quote']

Thanks, Tyler. I should get a copy of Firefox for testing.

On the forums, its a little hard because the underlying code is not mine, so I'm doing just the header and footer. I should be able to correct most of this though. Good thing there's a long weekend ahead!

Frank,

Nice job on the new format.

Improvements without stirring up the whole thing. Good job. Usually change in the computer world means having to relearn how to do everything all over again.

Like others, I like the tabs, they're a good reminder to look around once in a while.

The younger captain here does miss the ranks though. It was great fun being able to call Dad names. He was just waiting till I made Deck Ape.

:lol::lol: TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once a deck ape, always a deck ape, even as a member of the AARP. :wink: One tool that never goes away with years of boats and its ownership is the water noozle . 8) The noozle does not discriminate becuase of age.