Ultasail

Tidmarsh

Has anyone here heard from Paul Heyse at Ultasail lately?

I got a sail quote from him in early February. He asked for payment in advance and promised a six week delivery time. I sent payment and a copy of my sail plan. The check was cashed in February.

I have been trying to contact for more than two weeks now, by email, telephone, and certified mail. I have received no response and now his telephone has been disconnected.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with him to see what the problem is?

Well, this is sad news. :( There is a friend of mine traveling to FL this week, I hope he reads this as he might be able to take a side trip.

Here is the latest information from his site, though you probably already have this.

Ulta Sail

21426 Meehan Ave

Port Charlotte, Florida

By Telephone

1-941-766-1153

Between 9 am and 5 pm EST

Monday- Friday

Last of his posts that I see on this board was April 10, 2004.

FWIW, I will be asking about pricing of Weekender sails locally when I go to pick up my furling jib.

Jake, if you find someone locally who feels like taking on a loose-footed main, please let us know the price. They might be a bit more interested if there are going to be more orders. We would also like two sets of reef points.

I assume you saw my survey??? Your question is the exact reason I posted the poll. She has a large loft and generally does very large sails. she was a little amazed at the 'tiny' size sail I brought her. ;)

I will keep you informed. :)

At the same time, I wish the best to Paul. I am very satisfied with the quality of the sails I received. :) :) they fit purfect.

No sign of a sail or a message so

I am so sad to here this. I will let you know as soon as the sail is ready and go back to talk to her.

All I will have to take to her (other than the lapper that she has in hand) is the plans. Which I think will be fine for her to make a proposal. I may have her come to the house and se teh main sail in person.

I guess it's somewhat reassuring to hear others are in the same "boat." I ordered and paid for a sprit sail from Paul in early February. Last heard from him in March when he said it would be about two weeks. Haven't reached him via email or phone since.

Hi All

I live in Sarasota and own a store in Naples, so I go right thru Port charlott all the time. I'll be glad to look up the address and see if all is well with Paul. Give Me a few days I'll get back with you.

Thanks BJ,

I'm sure it would be better to know one way or another for those that have already ordered and paid and for those that were considering ordering.

I was on my way to Naples on Wed. but was riding with someone else and didn't get an opportunity to go look for Paul's shop. I had thought that there might be time to do that but it just wasn't in the plan for the day.

Hi All

I live in Sarasota and own a store in Naples' date=' so I go right thru Port charlott all the time. I'll be glad to look up the address and see if all is well with Paul. Give Me a few days I'll get back with you.[/quote']

You're welcome to look, but I don't think you'll find him. I sent a registered letter to that address. It was signed for by someone else. I looked up a phone number and called. The person who signed was forwarding his mail to Kentucky and said that Paul is moving "out west," but didn't know exactly where.

Thanks for all of your replies. I know running a small business is tough, and I hope Paul pulls through and surfaces soon.

In the meantime, I've got a boat I'm finishing in the next couple of days, so it looks like a polytarp sail for me.

1030474trailer003.jpg

this is Bill in Ky. another of pauls' customers. I posted some last year while we were all waiting for our sails. he stayed here a few days last year while he was moving. why? I don't know. maybe because I'm a soft touch and maybe because I was brought up to try to give people a helping hand or maybe it's just my nature to cheer for the underdog. anyway to get on with the story. the address in florida belongs to my uncle sam. yes it reallydoes. paul met him when he was here last year and kept his business card that reads " when you need a friend" he is a soft touch too I guess for when paul contacted him he agreed to let him house sit his winter home for a few months while uncle sam was back here for the summer. Paul was only there a day or two and left. he is not in florida anymore. my uncle is a fine old man that was just trying to help a stranger and he doesn't need the hassle of people showing up at his address looking for someone that is not there. Paul showed up here a couple of days later. why? I don't know. guess it is the soft touch thing again. he stayed 2 days. he said he is out of the sailmaking business. he was starving at it. he sold all his sailmaking equipment for traveling and eating money. I even took him sailing one afternoon for he said he had never seen a set of his sails ran up on a boat before ( he drew them out. I cut and sewed them last fall after a 9 month wait) it was probably the best day he had had for a long time. we fed him well but he didn't talk much just in generalizations about finding a job somewhere and soon. he was leaving kentucky but I am not sure which direction he was heading. I caught a glimpse of his old travel map laidout on the hood of his old car and there were 3 or 4 routes marked in highliner in 3 different directions so who knows. I don't really expect to ever see or hear from paul again. I doubt if any of you will either. that is all the information I have . it's a sad tale to be sure but things just don't work for people sometimes. I hope this helps some of you. I am not one to kick a man when he's down and I hope he finds a place and a little peace somewhere. the rest of you will just have to do what you do. Bill

Paul came by here on the afternoon of May the 9th . I let him stay in my travel trailer sunday and monday night and he left here on the morning of the 11th. everything he had was in the trunk of his car . a few changes of clothes a small tool box a sleeping bag and an old tent. not much to show for 10 years of sailmaking in my humble opinion. read my previous post for that's all the information I can give you. he only spoke in generalizations. he was obviously very depressed but also seemed determined to find a job somewhere. no, he never said where though I did ask once. I too am just one of his customers from last year. I finally got my sails ( in kit form though I paid the finished price) after 9 months and I had to sew them myself. I guess he just came back by here for a couple of nights stay and a meal. He never spoke of oweing anyone sails just that he was out of business and had sold his equipment. OK that's it for me. sorry I can't be of more help . like I said I don't expect to see or hear from Paul again. doubt if any of you will either and it is beginning to look like there are a lot of you left hanging . bill