Repeat after me

Paul J

I will never build another sailboat, I will never build another sailboat!

Who the heck was I trying to kid. All it took was someone I got to know who used to sail at Uconn to say, "Hey you want to build a sailboat", that's all it took. I am so hooked on sailboats it's just a sin I tell you. I have got to be out of my ever loving mind to do this again.

But looks like it is going to start sometime next month. And the good part is I only have to fund a small part of the cost of the boat which is all I could afford. So what boat you ask, well it is going to be a sharpie that will have to sail in thin water cause that is all we have here, real thin water. Whose design you ask, well mine of course I would not want to put anyone else through this madness. It will be about 16' loa with a sloop rig and bilge keels plus some other little design ideas I want to see if they really would work.

I will try and post once in a while with whats up with the project and to get Gary to post sometime in the future. If anyones interested.

Well that's all for now. I guess the madness just took a little vacation but it's back now. And I am cursed with having it. Somebody please call the doctor.

I feel your anguish :lol:

As I have been building a cradle for my newest grandchild (born yesterday), my wife has reminded me about all the other furniture we have needed but not yet been built. I've gotten books and plan sets but never built because I have been building and refurbishing boats. She is my darling and I do need her to help keep me on track sometime :oops: .

I may have to take a break with boat building this year to finish the furniture projects. The good thing is that this will make me a better boat builder too.

Poor Paul, addicted to "magnificent obsession" of boat building. None of the rest of us are guilty of that, of course. We can quit any time we like!

I find it odd that whenever I look at production boats to buy my thoughts turn immediately to the dinghy I would build for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, Paul, Paul,

When will you learn :lol:

Sharpies are cool 8)

I am feeling better now so I thought I would catch up on reading some old posts. I couldn't resist throwing a little energy your way.

I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I believe you have seen this picture before, but I wanted to say even though the boat is 24 ft. It only draws a couple of inches. You got the right idea.

Loon%20on%20the%20Scoot.JPG?dc=4675434189158042943