Is -10 degrees F with 40 mph winds too cold for sailing?

Scott Dufour

Since I'm a teacher and schools are cancelled today becuase they can't get the busses started and children freeze quickly (large surface to volume ratios in the little 'uns), I was thinking it might be a perfect day for the maiden voyage of a little D4 I made. Good wind, and no fear of capsize what with the solid water and all. Or maybe I'll fill the bathtub in put it in there, or maybe I'll move Down Under for a couple of months, or...

These are the thoughts we turn to when we're really tired of winter.

On a more important note, after spending many hours on the phone calling places from Maine to Virginia trying to find Okoume for CS17 #110, I finally located a place. It's Harris Woodworking in Manchester CT, a specialty woodworking school about 3 minutes from my house. Good prices, and in stock.