finished!!!!!

captjack

The main sail is the size that the plans called for. I just dont have it lashed to boom or the mast yet.

the wind was blowing about 10 knots Sunday and I didnt want it to sail down the driveway!. :oops: So I had one of the frist mates just hold it there for the pic! I just cant believe its done! :D

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! And a Jaunty looking craft she be! Always had an appreciation for blue hulls. Fine looking swabbie you have there too. :D

Looks like you made a couple modifications that are interesting. Raised the cabin roof a bit. Tiller instead of wheel. Very salty! 8) :)

Just wondering if the boom is going to clear when the main is lashed on though. You may need to raise the boom a little more to give you clearance over the cabin.

Is your mast angle as designed? Hard to tell from a photo, but with the wind blowing and doing a little driveway sailing here it looks like the aft end of the boom when the main is attached will be quite low. You've probably checked it already and it is just the photo.

If the angle is more than 94 degrees as measured at the front of the mast box to the hull bottom, you might want to correct the mast angle before you take her out on the lake. Straightening the mast to 94 degrees will also raise the angle of the boom giving you more clearance under it. Makes it a lot easier to duck when the boom is coming around and lighten up on the rudder pressure too. That isn't a difficult thing to do, and doesn't mean that you need to tear anything apart.

Good sailing CaptJack. Nice project, keep us informed about your launching. :wink:

Berry,

thanks for the comments! the mast wasnt set all the way. the wind was alittle high yesterday and I didnt want to sail it down the driveway!

the mast should be at the 94 degrees when it is set all the way up.

I checked this angle no less that 100 times when building it!

Hey Jack where is Worthington in relation to Cleveland. The Cleveland Amature Boat Builders have an outing each month to drag out their home built boats as well as a get together of CABBS and and BYYB members at Pymatuning at the end of this month. If you need some company please look me up, the more the merrier.

Oh ya, looks great ..Congrats.. lets get it wet

Jim

Vacationer "Rudunyet"