e-mail and the internet

capt jake

WOW! I get some interesting -mail's from time to time but this one seemed very nice. It is a wonder how small the world has become with the Internet. I am not trying to toot any horn, just sharing some things. I hope you understand.

I happened to be strolling thru some old stuff on the Wooden Boat forum and

found the pix's of your boat. I'm not a fan of sail boats, but you got that

one dead nuts on. HeHe

I was very impressed with the color contrast with the natural color of the wood.

Excellent!

It is well deserved. Funny how things happen. A very nice piece of nautical furniture gets mistaken for a full sized sailboat. Oh well....I'm sure you are going to enjoy the winter sailing around here. :?

But we understand the priorities. After all, if you don't have a roof, your boat will get all wet. :wink: :lol:

I even got one of those things, Capt. about your coffee table. :P He is a diehard go fast offshore fish guy. Yep, internet is common practice now, and with a peck and click, you can be in communication with some strange bed fellows, so to speak. :lol:

So John, when is the launch date? If you don't get your sail you can always just use the trolling motor! Actually, I have an extra main sail that Paul made long ago. It is the first one made for a Weekender and is cut a little to full but will work pretty good. I sailed with it for some time. Come to think about it I have a jib as well. If you need them let me know and we will work something out.

I really appreciate the offer Tom! As for a launch date, I am not seeing one any time soon. Too much to take care of here at the new house, and all is going slow. :( And wouldn't you knw... I fell yesterday at work and bunged up my wrist and one knee. I am hobbling around today in hopes that it loosens up. I may know more tomorrow. I hope it isn't major. I have never hurt a knee before, and it has me rather worried.

After 8 solid days of hard construction on the house with no injuries (moving over 7,000 pounds of crud to the dump, working precariously off of ladders, etc), and then to trip and fall at work at ground level. :( ARRGG! My driver said he felt the earth shake, as I hit so hard. :)

As far as the sails, I will keep that in mind when the time comes, thanks! :)