Alaskan Invite

Mike Pennington

I will be on Harding Lake, east of Fairbanks, this weekend. I will be launching my Vacationer at the park. This is an invite to get together with Anyone interested in sail boats. I will be meeting to sail with Mark, a Weekender builder. See my profile for e-mail address, I will be checking in each night for brave crew persons :roll: This is a serious invintation, don't be shy, if you live in Alaska or Canada and feel like a jump on over the sailings great.

Wolf%20on%20Nancy%20Lake.jpg?dc=4675426783252199175

Okay Pat,

This is what I live for. What town will you be in? I will be down that way from the 5th to the 12th. I will be at the Kenai Princes lodge on the 9th. My schedual is very flexible, I will meet you and take you sailing if you want.

Today, I finally got together with Mark Gudschinsky on Harding Lake. My wife and I met his family at the State Park, we went for a couple of sails and had lunch at his lake house. Nice people, in fact we got invited back tomorrow. Mark and his family are boat people, his young daughter Laura's favorite words are, "Prepare to come about!" His son Alexander likes my ship's bell, I think all of our ears are still ringing. :lol: Had a great time today.

Oh, yeah sailing! The wind blew! I reefed the sails and kept sailing. :wink:

Reefing.JPG?dc=4675430077640216814

Mike,

So sorry I didn't see this post in time. I had my first weekend off in 3 months and it would have been great to spend some of it on the water. I got a note from Mark this morning saying what a great time he had out at Harding with you on your Vacationer. Too bad I missed it.

With all the overtime at the computer center lately I haven't had any time to work on my Weekender. I did get it flipped back upright to start topside work, but have had 0 time to work on it. The 'honey do' list has priority after all the overtime, then the boatshed.

I'll be able to check-in on the list occasionally now, but another round of upgrades and overtime in August. Ain't no way I'll get As You Wish in the water before it gets solid this year.

--John Metzner

Fairbanks, AK.

John,

I have Monday, Tuesday and Wensdays off. We can always meet in the evening, "for a two hour sail" :lol: Sorry I stole that from Gilligan's Island.

I can possibly do an early morning sail on Saturday or Sundays if I leave the boat on Harding Lake at Mark's, if he is agreeable to a little sail himself.

I would like to talk about our boats. I may have to build a Weekender for my wife, how is that for something on a "honey-do-list." :wink:

Mark, made a good guess, he said you might be bogged down with work. So anytime your ready for sail therapy let me know.

Mike